Saturday, July 2, 2011

One Little, Two Little, Three Little Oreos

Ok, so even though I am doing really good on my plexus “pink drink”, from time to time I like to partake in the simpler pleasures in life that bring my back to my childhood.
Who does not remember as a child trying to decide the best way to eat an Oreo?  Of course everyone including your parents, siblings and friends tried to influence your decision.  Parents NEVER endorsed methods that created any undue mess.  Siblings, especially brothers, love to play the game “Who can shove the most oreos in their mouth at one time”.  Ultimately this ever ends well and brings to mind one memory of uncontrollable laughter and spewing half-eaten Oreos all over the kitchen counter.  Of course being an only child my only sibling experience was limited to my weekends spent with my childhood bff and her family which included two older brothers.    
I have two favorite ways of enjoying my Oreos..
My first fav is dunking my Oreos with a big ‘ole glass of milk.  I love to dunk half my oreo in the milk and let it get soft and partake in all that soft, chocolaty, white gooey goodness.  Of course this leaves its chocolaty, crunchy twin behind which is the perfect compliment to follow up with.
My second fav is the “twist, lick, crunch & chase” method which involves twisting off and eating the top cookie, licking off the sweet, white middle and crunching the remaining cookie and chasing it all down with a big glass of super cold milk.
This weekend I decided to treat myself to 3 little Oreos…ok so what’s the big deal? What’s the harm?  Well I thought the price of gas was high…but then I learned the price of 3 little Oreos.  Since I am on a weight loss mission I decided to do a little online research on the actual cost of my indulgence.  Well after doing a little Jethro Bodine ciphering I figured out that 3 cookies are approximately 160 calories.  WOW!!! Only 160 calories!!!  I immediately decide to surrender to my lustful cravings for my childhood favorite.

Gallon of Milk        $4.29
Bag of Oreos         $3.13
Indulging in my favorite childhood cookie….Priceless???
30 minutes and 1 1/4 mile later eh maybe not….
Worth it??? Definitely.
Tammy
What’s your favorite way to eat an Oreo?

No comments:

Post a Comment