Friday, July 1, 2011

A Thinner Person Inside

Allow me to introduce you to Jacqueline Legendre. She was quite a girl and she was fearless. A cheerleader, Mardi Gras Queen, a dancer, a singer, she was cute, thin and popular. Boys wanted her, girls wanted to be her. Even after she married, she continued to attend, concerts, book signings and plays. She attended as well as hosted the best parties in town. She loved to travel and did so often. She belonged to several civic organizations and chaired many projects. She even ran the Crescent City Classic one year. A real people person. Even after her divorce in the mid 1990′s she still had it. Well into her forties, women still wanted to be her, and eligible men wanted to date her. It was during these “single again” years that she lived life to the fullest.

I don’t remember if she left when menopause arrived or maybe it was right after the knee injury. I just know I woke up one morning and she was gone. The person left behind was an overweight women, she really hates to get out of the house. This woman is sometimes embarrassed to be seen in public and seems to have lost the zest that Jacqueline Legendre thrived on. This woman does not even like to travel, claims she is too big for the plane seat.

I often joke with my friends and co-workers about Jacqueline Legendre, telling them I will find her again one day. “And when that happens, look out world, you ain’t seen nothing yet!”

On my journey to lose weight and be healthy, I am trying to make “simple” changes to my life. I am parking at the far end of the parking lot, to get more "walking" into my day.  I have switched the television from Food Network to 70's music in an effort to motivate me to dance a little while doing my housework.

Thank you, Plexus Slim, for helping me get my life back.  One day at the time.

Coming on July 4th, Independence Day, the first reveal, my "after two months" on Plexus Slim photographs.

Here are the "before" photographs, me at 227 pounds.


No comments:

Post a Comment