Saturday, July 9, 2011

Saturday Snack

During the work week I am very loyal to my new healthy eating habits but it is not always so easy at home.  Jackie and I always discuss the fact that our eating is "controlled" at work since we do not have constant access to our kitchen pantries.  Now if you are not from South Louisiana you many not understand this impending threat of our pantries.  You see here in the south we always have to be prepared to cook a meal at any given minute i.e. hungry pod nahs  that drop in to vay-yay (that's Cajun for friends stopping by to spend time together  to talk and visit), celebrations (this happens quite often in the south since we use any excuse to get together and eat), hurricane parties (I am not talking about the drink either).  Needless to say our pantries and ice boxes (that's southern for refrigerator) and freezers are always stocked full and ready.
Since it is always so warm here, well um hot I should say, we always have fresh veggies.  I find that it is easier to stay on track if I have healthy snacks and food ready at all times.  It is way too easy to just grab the wrong snack choice out of the pantry or fridge when you do not have healthier alternatives already prepared.  What I try to do is one day a week concentrate on cleaning, cutting and preparing veggies for salads and quick snacks i.e. carrot sticks, sliced or cubed cucumbers & chunky chopped tomatoes.  I also like to keep romaine lettuce, blocks of cheese and  several vinaigrettes on hand for quick and convenient uses.
This afternoon I had a twinge of hunger so I decided to fix myself a fresh cucumber and creole tomato salad, but with a twist.  I added small cubes of monterey jack cheese and dressed it with rice balsamic vinegar.  This is a delicious, tangy, healthy alternative snack.   I may have another one tonight!
I love the way that Plexus Slim helps have willpower over the wrong food choices and crave healthier choices.  That stuff does my body good...lol...of course getting on the scale lately helps keep my motivated as well.  This morning's weigh in revealed a 24 pound loss since I started with my  little pink drink.  Life is good!
Here's to your health-
Tammy
P.S. Please excuse the crudeness of the pics.  I only had my cell phone for pics this afternoon.

Pillsbury Fast & Healthy Cookbook: Delicious family meals in 30 minutes or lessBetty Crocker The 300 Calorie Cookbook: 300 tasty meals for eating healthy every day (Betty Crocker Books)The Biggest Loser Cookbook: More Than 125 Healthy, Delicious Recipes Adapted from NBC's Hit ShowThe EatingWell Healthy in a Hurry Cookbook: 150 Delicious Recipes for Simple, Everyday Suppers in 45 Minutes or Less

1 comment:

  1. Does Plexus slim accelerator work. I was searching about in on interested. I saw there are many websites selling plexus slim and accelerator. Could you please tell me what is the preferred way to buy Plexus slim products.

    ReplyDelete